Tuesday, December 6, 2011

First week of 4.3 - MySales

Oh man what a patch 4.3 has turned out to be. With all this excitement of new content within the past week you don't think I forgot about gold did you? The following post shows my experience with the patch from my gold making point of view.

My previous experience with patch 4.2 was that you could never stock up on enough on gems, especially Red gems. To prepare I've been buying up a ton of ore and prospecting/transmuting for weeks before the patch. I had roughly 240 Inferno Rubies to begin with.

As soon as the servers went up on Tuesday, I jumped all over the auction house. Fully stocking it up with every cut in my arsenal. For most of Tuesday I was "that guy" camping the AH undercutting and re-posting. Also, I got some other item enhancements ready such as some Powerful Ghostly Spellthreads and Flintlockes Woodchuckers. Unfortunately no Leg Armors as my LW is too low. Still, I was set and nothing was gonna stop me!

And then it began. The marvelous flood of yellow text spamming my chat box. <Insert maniacal laughter here>  I could barely keep up with restocking sold gems, it was glorious! As I said before, for most of Tuesday I spent my time camping and keeping the AH stocked with my gems, with some time running the new dungeons but always posting between queues.
Within the first day I had earned 80k gold.

For the first few days I was rocking it. One of my friendlier competitors, however, was out of stock while I still had quite a bit. I thought I was good, but a couple days later my Inferno Ruby supply was dwindling down to nothing. With Ore as expensive as it gets during new patches I would have to take the hit and sell only others. (Presently I have restocked again.)

I apologize for such a long post. My excitement for 4.3 and my earnings is overwhelming! Below I have screenshots of my MySales records for the past week:



200k gold is not too shabby for a week of selling mostly gems!(3 Jasper dailies in a row, too!) As a side note, I find the disparity from Int gems to Str/Agi to be very interesting. Perhaps an influx of casters who wanted the Legendary staff and switched mains? Then again 6 of the 10 classes in WoW use Int in some way so that makes sense.

Besides gems the following items are hot sellers right now:

- Various Enchants and Enchanting mats such as Greater Celestial Essences

Engineering
- Flintlocke's Woodchucker

Tailoring
- Powerful Ghostly Spellthread
- Powerful Enchanted Spellthread

Leatherworking
- Drakehide Leg Armor
- Charscale Leg Armor
- Dragonscale Leg Armor


Don't think that just because the initial rush has depleted that you won't sell anything, quite the contrary. With the ease and pace of the new dungeons many players will be running and gearing up alts and that's where you come in with your gear enhancements. Just get out there and sell!

1 comment: